Re: MKT 97001-97300 Boxcars

Allan Smith

Thank You All for answering. I now have that file and can work on a model.

Al Smith
Sonora CA

On Friday, March 3, 2017 1:44 PM, "Bill Keene wakeene@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Al,

I am not sure if this image will be of much help in answering your questions… but worth a shot…

To my very untrained eyeballs it appears that the car has a raised panel roof. Maybe. Hard to tell from this view.

Cheers & Happy Modeling,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Mar 3, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Allan Smith smithal9@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I have conductors lists from the Sierra RR in 1952-1954. One car on the list is MKT 97165. I have a photo from an article in Modelrailroading of car 97095. The photo is a broadside shot and does't show the ends and roof, December 1948 is the built date with a 6' 5-6-6 youngstown door. I have gone thru all the new lists on the steam era freight car site and can't find this series. 1948 was a year of change in freight car construction with the new ends and roofs.
Can anyone provide details for these cars? Ends , roofs, brake gear, manufacturer etc.

Al Smith
Sonora CA