Re: MKT 97001-97300 Boxcars

Bill Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Group,

Just a quick question regarding the MKT 97001-series box cars…

When built, did these cars get painted in box car red or Sloan Yellow? Or perhaps the painting of this order was split between both colors?

Thanks & Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Mar 3, 2017, at 3:20 PM, 'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I have the original Jim Sand’s slide of MKT 97193. I can read the data on the side, BLT 1-49. It definitely has a raised panel roof, but the angle is such that I cannot tell if there is a secondary panel. There are no raised sections in the end panels of the roof

Of interest to some, the car is equipped with wood grain doors, the grain door panels for the near door are laying in the car on the floor.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org