Re: PM XA 60123

Matt Goodman

You're doing a fantastic job, Earl. I scanned through the page before getting to the end of the email and started thinking that it needs to be in a searchable format, wishing I knew enough about web development to offer a suggestion or lend a hand.

Then I went back to the email and realized you're already thinking about that. Double fantastic job!

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

On Mar 3, 2017, at 8:09 AM, 'Earl Tuson' @etuson [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I've been mining the Steamtown scans for freight car images, and I came across this view showing Pere Marquette auto
box car 60123, apparently an example of a wood framed, single sheathed box car design:

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-07-10-14/C4743.jpg

Oddly, I cannot find a corresponding series listed in Million & Paton's outstanding Pere Marquette Revenue Freight Cars
book. Does anyone have anything to add about this car?

FWIW, my progress with the Steamtown scans posted by Pat McKnight can be found here, down below the Duke
University list and the Miami Conservancy District list:

http://fc.redmansefarm.com/photos.html

This is very much a work in progress... a bit more each night, but Mr. McKnight posts more every day, and I've got a bit
of catch up to play. I'm working at it from both ends and only a bit more than halfway through, with about 2 years
remaining from mid 2014 to mid 2016. There are a whole bunch of inactive links on my page; those will be ready
later. Ultimately, it needs to go into a searchable and sortable file format, but I'm not there yet.

Earl Tuson

Posted by: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Earl=20Tuson?=" <@etuson>

Yahoo Groups Links