Re: PM XA 60123

Al Kresse <water.kresse@...>

The ORERs say how long the cars were: 36-ft long. Most likely for Buick City in Flint.  Ford and others demanded larger cars with wider side doors.  Taller 40-ft cars were already becoming the norm for the industry.

Al Kresse

On March 3, 2017 at 8:03 PM "Howard R Garner cascaderail@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

> I've been mining the Steamtown scans for freight car images, and I came across this view showing Pere Marquette auto
> box car 60123, apparently an example of a wood framed, single sheathed box car design:
>
> http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-07-10-14/C4743.jpg

They did not stick around very long.
Not in the Feb 1913 ORER
Jan 1915 (my next) they are there. series 60000-60299 36' 2272 cu ft,
60000cpy 186 cars
Still there Nov 1917
but gone by Oct 1919

Howard Garner