MKT 97001-97300 Boxcars

Allan Smith

Thank you Ed for compiling the tables for the 40' boxcars. What a wealth of information!! Has anyone compiled the same type of information on the 40' automobile boxcars? I have conductors lists for the Sierra RR in 1952-54 with over 1800 freight cars, and about 300 of them are 40' boxcars with double doors, some with end doors. I have reviewed all the magazine articles, ORERs, and anything else I can find about these cars but have never found a comprehensive list like the 40' boxcar tables. I still have about 100 cars that I haven't found info on, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Al Smith
Sonora CA