Re: BLI 6K Tank Car photos posted

gary laakso

Garth, who is the person to contact at Tangent and is there an e-mail address available for that person?

Gary Laakso
south of Mike Brock

On Mar 7, 2017, at 9:24 PM, Garth Groff sarahsan@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Tim and Friends,

I have asked Tangent to consider an ACF 10K high walkway Type 7 or 11. I've been lobbying various manufacturers for these for years. I have two of the 8K F&C cars, but really want a couple of 10s (the WP used them up until the end). This is a much needed car for the first half of the 20th century, made in the thousands for numerous owners, and very distinctive. Perhaps if some of you also asked Tangent, they might give this more consideration.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 3/7/17 6:00 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

Tony

Granted, it is a size of tank car that is highly desirable!

But didn't TRIX previously try to render this car, and they ran into a lot
of flak here for their mistakes too?

That was Strike ONE. Now, Strike TWO.

It's time for somebody to hit a HOME RUN, I think.

I'm patient. I'm pretty sure that David Lehlbach (Tangent) is planning to do
some more good work building on that beautiful tank car tooling he's already
done. I can wait. There's plenty of stuff in the queue.

Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor wrote:

But a funky model with giant rivets, fat handrails, a 4" thick solid walkway. I'm
sorry, but park this blob next to a TANGENT tank car and you will not be happy with
the comparison.

If you mean on the jacket, those are bolts, not rivets. Handrails, last time I checked, can be replaced (along with the heavy ladder). The walkway is pretty lame, there I agree. And full agreement with the comparison to Tangent models.

It's kind of like the BLI releases of the NYC steel boxcars. Yeah, well short of great models, but we needed the cars. These BLI tank cars are very badly needed 6000-gallon insulated cars. Reminds me in a way of what we always used to say about Walthers (some still do): good news is that the model has been produced, bad news is that Walthers did it.

Tony Thompson