From: STMFC@... on behalf of gsc3@... [STMFC]
Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:05 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] RF&P USRA Boxcar

I have a Mainline Video showing one of the RF&P USRA cars in green in a freight train on the Southern mainline near Greensboro.  Time period is mid-fifties; direction is northbound.  I've wondered if these cars were ever used to deliver monthly magazines like Reader's Digest or Life?  They could have gone out on passenger trains delivering the magazines but gone back empty in freight trains.  Curious if anyone knows of if any major magazines of the period were printed near Richmond or Washington?  Were any roads express boxcars known for use for this service?

George Courtney