Re: Empty tank car

Allan Smith

Instead of taking the car apart why not drill a hole thru the bottom and add bb's. add as many as you want to get the weight. Then plug the hole with plastic rod. You can get BB's at Walmart in the sporting goods section.

Al Smith
Sonora Ca

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:05 PM, "Jon Miller atsfus@... [STMFC]" wrote:

On 3/8/2017 4:25 PM, Denny Anspach danspachmd@... [STMFC] wrote:
I have in hand a very nice Life-Like new old-stock tank car minus any weighting ex factory. Is there non-destructive way of opening this featherweight to add some heft?

Denny

    Depends on the glue.  I use MEK on mine so not a chance but if ACC was used maybe.  Should get some comments on ACC, I seem to remember freezing??
--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941