Re: the track the crane is on appears to be dual-gauge

Charles Peck

I can't say I have been on THAT dock but I have been on many.
The right hand rail that is secured to concrete, not ties, appears
to be for a gantry crane that straddles two or more railroad tracks.
Ties would have too much give for the usual gantry which must reach
well outside the track structure for loads.  A soft support would be
unstable.
The intended purpose of the dual gauge track on ties under the RR
crane I cannot guess.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Richard Brennan rbrennan@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Gauntlet track?
It is hard to tell... but are the right rail and the 2nd from left
also standard gauge?

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA