Re: the track the crane is on appears to be dual-gauge

Charles Peck

Really Dennis?  You would run a piece of equipment down "track" where one rail
is on ties and the other is on some other support?  Where there is nothing holding
the rails in gauge except ballast and habit? I wouldn't even want to watch.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:33 PM, destorzek@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

---In STMFC@..., wrote :

Gauntlet track?
It is hard to tell... but are the right rail and the 2nd from left
also standard gauge?

That's what it looks like to me. The rail furthest to the right, being held to the pier with all the screw spikes, may be a dedicated rail for a traveling tower crane that isn't in the picture. These needed rails gauged to match the bottom of the tower, but those rails were sometimes incorporated into other track also.

Dennis Storzek