Re: Shipping Coal - How Far?

Dave Parker

Randy:

Since you are specifically interested in New England coal traffic, I suggest the 1942 paper by Voskuil.  It also contains some interesting data on Great Lakes traffic.

It can be found free of charge at:

Best regards,

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:40 PM, "randy@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I didn't look at Arkansas or Montana in my other post. This book only tabulates totals of at least 10,000 tons, so smaller amounts won't be included. In the case of mining products the threshold is 50,000 tons.

Arkansas - (Products of Mines other than Petroleum 1950)
CA - 50,000 tons
OR - 200,000 tons
WA - none listed

Montana (Products of Mines 1950, so it includes petroleum this time)
WA - 100,000 tons
CA - 350,000 tons
OR - none listed

Randy