Re: Modeling A Hot Box

Craig Wilson

We do have a figure of a station agent modified such that he is holding his nose with one hand and pointing to the track with the other.  I've got a picture of him "in action" on the Atlantic Great Eastern.  I'll see if I can get it uploaded to the photos section.

Engineers are instructed to watch for the agent on the platform doing a roll-by inspection as they pass an open station.  Most of the time it is a figure giving a highball signal but every once in a while it's the guy indicating a hotbox.  In that case, the engineer had better well stop and have the train inspected.

Craig Wilson