Re: chalk marks on freightcars

Tom Gloger

Bill Daniels wrote
I used to recreate chalk marks with a strip of
"Correct-Tyoe" or other typewriter (whatever THAT
was!!!)correction tape and a sharp pencil.
worked quite well.
--- then Tim O'Connor <> wrote:
I've done that too, but I thought the result was too bright.
Now I prefer to use a sharp artist's pencil, in French Grey
color which is far more subtle but still legible. The pencil
uses a pigment, and once sealed with flat coat is permanent.
The correct-type marks can be subdued by lifting off some of the
white with stickytape. I'll have to try the grey pencil, thanks!

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices

Join to automatically receive all group messages.