Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: RPM Meet In Pennsylvania

Eric Hansmann

Jack Consoli and Dave Wilson displayed their Union Railroad models. Jack presented an in-depth summary of the URR freight car fleet. Dave offered a presentation that covered many tips and techniques to build models you need, including brass bashing. I think I heard a gasp or two among the crowd when Dave showed how he converted a brass NYC B-11 switcher to a URR loco.

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Mar 28, 2017, at 12:42 PM, 'Gatwood, Elden J CIV CESAW CESAD (US)' elden.j.gatwood@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Bill;

I heard there were 2 great presentations and a large display of modeling, at least 2 modelers, for the Union RR in and around Pgh, PA. The display (I have seen pics) had numerous hoppers, gons, and a box car and flat, cabooses, plus steam and diesel power, for this up-to-now almost unmodelled, and very interesting RR. This must've been a sizable multi-year effort to get to this point.

As you know, the steel-mill RR's have been notoriously poorly discussed, researched, and modeled, for many years, and it is good to hear some of this vacuum is being addressed. I hope there is more, for this undermodeled area of our hobby.

EJ&E, anyone?

Elden Gatwood