Re: FtDDM&S 11000-11066

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <elombard@...> wrote :

Thanks for the tip, Al. Comparing the car in that photo with those of DT&I cars shows an exact match in full side view.

A view of an end for the FtDDM&S cars would clinch it since the DT&I cars had the rare Hutchins ends with tapered-end rather then squared-off-end bar stampings.

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL

While it's always possible that there is an undocumented variant of the Hutchins end, All that I've seen have only ONE pressing per panel; so an end with five panels would show four lap seams at the corner flange. The picture in the Maywald book only appears to show one, so I would tend to think the car does NOT have Hutchins ends.

Dennis Storzek