Re: CGW PS-0 car kit

radiodial868

I've come across similar cars from my 1939 modeled era in images. All were K brakes originally that were retrofitted to AB brakes. I guess when you think about, why cut holes in the center sill to run piping when you could just stick the components on the same side. My latest was a GN 40' 30000 series DS.
Usual arrangement seems to be in a diagonal, with the cylinder being forward of where the K brake was next to the sill, the reservoir next (towards the A end), and the control valve last next to the side sill.
RJ Dial
Burlingame, CA