Re: ladder nomenclature - from Wikipedia

Greg Martin

Schuyler/

They will let you go in and edit it. I agree I have never heard them called stringers and actually I have only ever heard them called stiles.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 4/5/2017 3:34:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

The vertical members of a rigid ladder are called stringers or rails (US) or stiles (UK).

Guys, it’s been driving me nuts to read about ladder styles.  That’s not what they are called.  The vertical parts are stringers, rails or stiles.

The horizontal parts are called “rungs.”

Schuyler