Re: Running Boards Replacements (Sorry, No Ladder Talk In This Post)

Dave Parker

I think the way the roof panels are blistering (and corroding?) is equally interesting.  I recall a discussion a few months back on trying to achieve this look in HO, but of course can't find any notes that I might have taken.  I have a very vague recollection of table salt?  Or maybe hairspray?  Can somebody jog my feeble short-term memory?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

On Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:06 PM, "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" wrote:

PanPastels were wonderfully for this. On about every third model I build I will scratch build the running board and latitudinals using Mt.Albert scale 1x6 wood strips. I will find some photos of how I do this and post them via Dropbox.

Bill Welch