Re: ORERs

George Eichelberger

Mmmm…… Can you provide some specific examples, from company data, that says I am only describing a Southern Railway practice? I assume you can because of your “not shared by other roads” comment. (NO other roads?)

My comments come directly from company files but the logic would seem to apply to any railroad. WHY would anyone spend the time and effort to “count down” car quantities as I describe?

I hazard a guess that RER entires were seldom exact. If a car was wrecked or condemned after the next entry for the RER had been sent off (I can provide some examples), would that matter to anyone?

Do you agree that the data for cars not yet delivered needed to be in the RER before they could be offered for interchange? Would that be an accurate number of cars in service for that date?

Ike