Re: ORERs

D. Scott Chatfield

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

>And in the case in point, these were USRA cars built 1919-1920, so as 1960 approached, they were beginning to reach the age (40 years) when they  would be prohibited in interchange service.

I think I've pointed this out before on this list, but let me repeat.  The 40-Year Law was not enacted until 1974 and started at 50 years and ratcheted down one year each year until reaching 40 years in 1983.  So such age limits were far into the future as far as this august list is concerned.  Please commit this to memory. Thank you.  Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Scott Chatfield