Re: ORERs

Tim O'Connor

Bob

I'll give an example of why this was definitely IMPORTANT to know - some
number series had ZERO cars. Who suggested that knowing how many cars there
were is unimportant? :-) Also in many sparsely populated series, railroads
sometimes list every single car number in service. That tells me they cared
very much about the accuracy of the ORER. "Mistakes happen" is the name of
this story!

Tim O'

I'll take a contrary position: If the number of cars in service wasn't important to know, why was there a column for it in the ORER? It would seem to me the GN tried to be accurate, as the number of cars in service changes for each number seriesĀ  in the various issues of the ORER I have examined.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Minot, ND