color MDT reefers in the '40s

ed_mines

Ted's new reefer book says - "Like many other cars illustrated herein, it was painted with orange sides, the MDT- standard for cars painted in the 1930s and through the 1950s.........." (page 49).

I recall Roger Hinman said the same thing in his book (currently in my storage locker).

Aren't there several Jack Delano color photos taken in Chicago during WWII that show several lemon yellow sided, wooden MDT reefers?

Has Roger passed?

Were there any 1940s era 40ft ice reefers with school bus yellow (mostly yellow with a little orange)?

Ed Mines