From: 'Don Burn' burn@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Sat, Apr 15, 2017 4:31 pm
Subject: RE: [STMFC] color MDT reefers in the '40s

MDT reefers are shown in https://www.loc.gov/resource/fsac.1a34776/ and https://www.loc.gov/resource/fsac.1a34780/

Don Burn

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2017 3:48 PM
To: STMFC@...

Ed Mines asked:
"Ted's new reefer book says - "Like many other cars illustrated herein, it was painted with orange sides, the MDT- standard for cars painted in the 1930s and through the 1950s.........." (page 49).

I recall Roger Hinman said the same thing in his book (currently in my storage locker).

Aren't there several Jack Delano color photos taken in Chicago during WWII that show several lemon yellow sided, wooden MDT reefers?"

It would help immensely if you could reference the photos in question. The entire collection is available online.
https://www.loc.gov/collections/fsa-owi-color-photographs/about-this-collection/

"Has Roger passed?"

Roger is not dead - he's a member of this list.

Ben Hom