Re: Mystery car

Tim O'Connor

Yep. I took many photos of a nearly identical ex-NYC car sitting in the
"relic collection" in Utica, New York ~14-15 years ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timboconnor/34089410612/

Tim O'Connor

Ya know, it's helpful to post an image or a link� and the funning thinng is, GOOGLE found it right away:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/419/19787279323_941656a809_b.jpg

That looks like a GSC 90 ton flat, similar to those used by the NH, NYC, SOUTHERN and  a number of other roads.

Regards

Bruce F. Smith

Can someone look up the original RR that owned the about 36-foot cast drop bottom flatcar that spent its last years as HCMX-4403 in the Harnischfeger Milwaukee plant??

It was scrapped a few years ago and looked like it was maybe pre-war era.

I got lots of pictures of her with repair plates and a flood of cut off load supports on her. The weathering from that is a mind blower.

Harnischfeger must have used her for many years to ship the larger sections of their mining shovels to the customer.

I suspect it to be post WW-1 of one of the local RR's. The corporation is just to the south of the main Milwaukee Road shops and the CNW runs through the middle of the property.

Mike Bauers