From: thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Mon, Apr 24, 2017 4:07 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Hinges - Swift Refrigerator Cars

I noticed that the three Swift swing door ice bunker refrigerator cars in the Illinois Railway Museum's collection all have two hinges per door. Here are the cars:

Most refrigerator cars I have seen have three hinges with very few having only two. Was this something particular to one or two car builders or was this simply something specified by the owner?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA