Re: Pressure regulators for airbrushing

Charles Peck

Andy, if you get in contact with an industrial gas distributor they should be able to modify your regulator
to better suit your needs. Replacing the 0-300 gauge with one reading 0-60 or 0-100 should help
quite a bit.  Most gas distributors either repair and maintain regulators or have contact with some firm
that does do that work.
Regards,
Chuck Peck in FL

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Andy Carlson midcentury@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi-
Back in the 1980s I acquired a 20 pound CO2 bottle and a Badger single gauge regulator. I am 100% satisfied with the whole unit's operation, and I am impressed at the simplicity and ease to set the operating pressure.

I have recently acquired acquired another 20 pound CO2 bottle and a different make of regulator. This regulator has 2 gauges--one for bottle pressure (0-3000 PSI) and a 2nd gauge for the regulated output pressure of 0-300 PSI.

I am reminded of the old days of a 9000 RPM tachometer in a car with 5000 RPM shift points. The usable range of RPMs is but a portion of the tach face, making small increments harder to read. With the 2nd pressure regulator, the range in which I would use is 15-30 PSI, but the sweep area for that is difficult to ascertain as that range is just 1/4 " travel of the gauge's dial.

My question for those whom may be able to help is this: Do I just need another down-stream gauge for the regulator, or am I not using the correct regulator for my application. I wish to give this 2nd CO2 outfit to a long-time friend and would like him to be able to jump right in without any difficulties.

Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA