Re: URTX 67806 (Meat Reefer)

destorzek@...

---In STMFC@..., <timboconnor@...> wrote :

Dennis those all appear to be significantly different looking rebuilds than
this car - and I could be wrong but they all appear to be 36 foot cars! (I know
the web site says they are 40 feet long but they sure don't look like it to me.
Maybe an optical illusion because the doors aren't as tall?)

Tim, I think you are correct. The original car in question has ten roof panels, plus the two panels with the hatches. The cars at IRM have nine plus two. By this time everyone's roof panels seem to have standardized at 41" wide (IIRC) and a few inches difference in each corner panel would make up the other seven or so inches. Sorry if I led anyone astray.

Dennis Storzek