Re: Mystery car

Tim O'Connor

Mike

I suspect that the trucks on that car are replacements for the originals.
The NYC cars had trucks with integral plain bearing journal boxes when they
were built and were later converted to roller bearings which could be seen
when the journal box lids were removed.

Tim O'

Thanks, thats a very interesting shot........

While your find has Andrews RB trucks, the HCMX still had friction bearing Barbers S2 ..... If I remember correctly the shots I was reviewing several hours ago on the other computer.

[I really want to put up a central server for this house and have everything together]

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi, USA

On Apr 24, 2017, at 1:13 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Yep. I took many photos of a nearly identical ex-NYC car sitting in the
"relic collection" in Utica, New York ~14-15 years ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timboconnor/34089410612/