Re: Table Saw

Scott H. Haycock

In carbide blades, it's the "Triple Chip Grind" that produces the smooth cut. This is the carbide version of the " Hollow Ground Planar" steel blades I previously described.

You'll also find that the face of each tooth is ground at a negative angle so it doesn't grab the top surface of the material being cut.

Scott Haycock

Interesting about the "hollowground" blades.

I've been using "standard" carbide saw blades, and have had no problems with them.  The carbide teeth are always wider than the blade, thus making set.  I do tend to spend a fair bit on a blade, though.

Here's the type, though I haven't used this one, yet:

Ed

Edward Sutorik