Work bench/table height?

Jim Betz

Hi,

  I'm going to move/rebuild/redefine my workbench.  Is there some kind of 'standard'

for how high a workbench surface should be relative to either the height of the chair

you are sitting on or the height of your elbow?

  Although this topic is off topic - I do intend to use the new workspace to build

steam era freight cars ... is that good enough for the moderator?  (Yes, that's a

real question and I will "take it somewhere else" if the moderator says "not

here, please".

  ===> Although some of you will be tempted to discuss "related topics" to

           my question such as lighting, size, tools, storage methods, etc.

           I am not really interested in answers of that type and politely request

           that you not reply to this post with those answers (start your own

           off topic, please).

                                                                                                      - Jim B.