Re: Table Saw

spsalso

Randy,

I am a machinist.  I spent at least 40 hours over the last two months machining styrene.  In this case, exclusively with a mill.  I assure you, professionally, that cutter speed and feed rate were not a problem.  I clamped everything appropriately, and there were no "blowouts".  Only thing wrong was the white fuzz all over the place.  The static-y white fuzz.

You are right about setup frequently taking longer than the work.  I have made many fixtures.  It may well take longer using a mill than a table saw; but much less can go wrong.

I bought 2 cars, cut long and sanded.  More than once.  I'd prefer not to do it anymore.  I do not enjoy it.

Ed

Edward Sutorik