From: 'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@... [STMFC]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 6:07 PM
To: STMFC@...
Reply To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Work bench/table height?

Jim my workbench top surface is at 31”. I have an adjustable office chair that lowers, which I lower when doing close up work. I also stand 6’2” so prefer my chair at max height. A portable box one can place on the workbench to bring your work surface closer when needed. Now that I use bifocals I have done that sometimes when doing extreme close up work with the opti-visors. A box about 4-6” high works well for me.

At the moment I am typing this in a standing position. Have the laptop on a box that is 48” next the work bench. It is working really well.

Just for reference, my layout is designed for track at 54”. While many find it high, I think it just right. Remember I stand 6’ 2”, so my eye level is 68”

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org