Re: Warren Tank Cars In-train in 1954

O Fenton Wells

Gentlemen, I'm no freight car expert but the two Warren cars appear to be different.  One appears to be insulated (Obviously a Sunshine  kit;>) With the black or dark lower band while the other appears to be non insulated and no dark band at the bottom.  I'm assuming Warren had both types.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Garth Groff sarahsan@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Schuyler,

The CofG car you mentioned at http://www.railphoto-art.org/collections/lamb/group-four/#!jig[1]/https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8750/28004957510_666dfbfac9_k.jpg  is indeed a 50' PS1with a 9' single door. It is most likely from series 5500-5999, built 9/54. CofG also owned series 1500-1999 built 2/56. I don't have a photo of these, and I can't say for sure if they had the "football" paint scheme.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 4/30/17 7:17 PM, 'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC] wrote:

Thanks Garth,

A couple more things to note: The CofG 50’ “football” paint scheme box car, a PS-1 if I am not mistaken (and if I am, I’ll be so informed soon . . . J ) and a self-guarding frog in the turnout. The shipbuilding origin of the 1900 is also evidenced by the rounded corners on the doors, which is always the case on ships.

Schuyler,

An easy fix, and your request is very reasonable, now and in the future.

http://www.railphoto-art.org/collections/lamb/group-four/#!jig[1]/https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8750/28004957510_666dfbfac9_k.jpg

Note that there are some Warren tank cars in this photo too (mandatory freight car content).

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

--
Fenton Wells