Posted by: "Bruce F. Smith" smithbf@... smithbf36832
Date: Wed May 3, 2017 5:28 am ((PDT))

This is one of my favorite Delano photos because of the wealth of details visible, starting with those blue flags, but including so much else, like the hooded headlight on the passenger loco, and then the wide freight house dock, the AT&SF boxcar, the hand trucks and barrels, the right of way, the servicing of the train (not just fuel and water, but mail, and maybe food and linens), the poised mail service for a train in the opposite direction, the obvious crew change occurring, the "sides" of the track (to the left, town, to the right, industry), the weathering on everything, even the clean things and of course, lots of passenger specific stuff not related to this list's interest. Classic Delano.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL