Re: using blue flags

destorzek@...

---In STMFC@..., <rwitt_2000@...> wrote :

John,

In the Delano images, did you also notice the ATSF service vehicle? I  It looks like a Dodge (power wagon?) painted ATSF orange with blue trim and probably there to provide support materials for the diesel fuel tank cars.

Regards,

Bob Witt

I don't think Dodge started using the Power Wagon name for civilian vehicles until after the war. From the little of the horizontal grill I can see, looks like it could be an International, but really, it could be a lot of things.

And, I don't think the fenders and frame are blue, but rather black. Black fenders on any color truck were pretty common back in those days.

Dennis Storzek