Re: Freight Car Roofs

Jim Betz

Resending - forgot to strip off the "notify ..." junk

On 5/6/2017 6:36 AM, Yahoo Groups wrote:
Re: [STMFC] Digest Number 10859
From:
jimbetz <jimbetz@...>
Date:
5/6/2017 6:36 AM

To:
No Reply <notify-dg-STMFC@...>

Jeff,

Perhaps it sat under some sort of 'roof' that dropped something or
other on it. And then it was changed by time ('weathering the
weathering' ... *G*). I agree that one is pretty easy to do. I sort of
agree that it looks less like bird doo when seen in the larger version
but I still feel that is one fairly good/probable explanation.

The one I'm more interested in being able to do - in scale - is the
partial car in the bottom right corner. That splotchy coloring, to
me at least, is difficult to see how to do ... in HO scale.
- Jim

3b. Re: Freight Car Roofs
Posted by: "Aley, Jeff A"Jeff.A.Aley@... jaley95630
Date: Fri May 5, 2017 10:54 pm ((PDT))

Jim,

First of all, do notice that one can click on the icon of three overlapping boxes in the lower right corner and select “original” size. On my screen that’s a big help.

When I enlarge it, it doesn’t look like bird poop at all. I’m not sure what it is, but it looks pretty easy to duplicate with a few splotches of paint.

Regards,

-Jeff