From: Richard Townsend richtownsend@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Tue, May 9, 2017 9:29 am
Subject: [STMFC]

I have at hand a selection of "bulletins" from the Colorado & Southern from the 1930s through the 1950s. They generally are one or two sentences and refer to things like a new siding being in place, specific operating instructions, and the like. One I am interested in following up on is from November 11, 1936, and says, "Trains handling Great Northern dump cars loaded with iron ore must not exceed a speed of 35 miles per hour." My question is, what would a "Great Northern dump car" have been in 1936?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR