Posted by: "george eichelberger" geichelberger@bellsouth.net geichelberger@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue May 9, 2017 2:24 pm ((PDT))

Dennis:

Nothing inside the Southern cars at all.

Re the SNB article, in a railroad owned style of car style if there were 60,000 “head” in fifteen cars, we have approx 4,000 birds per car. If they made it to NYC in 24 (less?) hours, would that meet the “hog law” for chickens and not require an attendant? Did that rule even exist in 1919.

Ike

PS I am having a hard time believing 6,600,000 eggs! Carried in ? vent box cars?