From: 'Bruce F. Smith' smithbf@... [STMFC]
To: PRR@yahoogroups. com ; STMFC cataldotj@... [STMFC]
Sent: Mon, May 15, 2017 9:47 am
Subject: [STMFC] PRR FNA flat cars and twin 40 mm AA guns

Folks,

Looking over the PRRT&HS flat car book, I was reminded by the text that the F37 flat cars were built during WWII as a consequence of the nearly identical FNA cars being almost complete obligated to the U.S. Navy to ship twin 40 mm anti-aircraft (Bofors) mounts. Does anyone have any additional information on these loads, such as photos or a loading diagram?  I have looked at the mounts and wonder why a well flat would be needed since they do not seem to be particularly tall.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL