Re: Lehigh wrong way door boxcar paint color.

Layout Tour

I’ve known Lee for some time and if you look at the LV car photos on Ted’s website I think you’ll agree his weathering techniques are fantastic.  His detailed finishing instructions left out one thing.  His favorite base color for LV freight cars is MM British Crimson.  For wood sided cars he mixes it with white (about 20%) to get the pinkish shade and for steel sides with some light gray and yellow.  I have 5 LV Proto 2000 steel cabooses I’m modifying now and will be using variations on the mix on them.  I also have another F&C Wrong way Boxcar kit to do and will try his recommendation for the roof.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk VA