From: STMFC@... on behalf of Al Kresse water.kresse@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 9:42 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Automobile Engine Unloading

Great find!

Al Kresse

On May 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM "thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC]" wrote:

These 1958 photos just make it into the group's era. Captions state the engines are being unloaded at a Lincoln-Mercury plant. The source of the photos was Merge Studios in Los Angeles so the location probably is Southern California.

Ford operated a plant in Pico Rivera (1957-1980), a suburb southeast of Los Angeles, served by the Santa Fe. I am unaware of another Ford plant in the area other than Ford's Long Beach plant, which closed in 1959.

http://catalog.library.ca.gov/exlibris/aleph/a21_1/apache_media/T8DTUN8QLI1G6QA3P7QX182MBV1MEN.jpg

http://catalog.library.ca.gov/exlibris/aleph/a21_1/apache_media/PRLBRXSE4YTD94GAMBGA7F4JXI2EUK.jpg

http://catalog.library.ca.gov/exlibris/aleph/a21_1/apache_media/YGB2KC52ILVK3EVGQJSREA12E91V8H.jpg

Bob Chaparro