Re: Can I modify a Type 21 underframe into Type 11?

Ian Cranstone

On 2017-05-23, at 12:36 PM, kemal_mumcu@... [STMFC] wrote:

Very helpful indeed Ian. As I model the late '40s this car had a different number and reporting marks than what is currently on the car. Any guess or opinion as to whether the car would have been sporting it's "aluminium" paint job by the '40s?

I wish I had a good answer... there are very few photos of TCLX cars out there, but the few I've seen from later years seem to have been black, likely with white lettering.  I've seen both serif and sans serif lettering, so really can't offer much in the way of useful advice.   It's possible they just patched the reporting mark and number.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada