Re: Shipping Eggs 100 Years Ago

Brad Andonian

Brian,

Perhaps you can add winlock, wa?   Home of the world largest egg and at one time a large poultry raising area.....  winlock is south of Raymond in Lewis county.

I would like to hear more about your layout.

Brad Andonian
Due north in Seattle

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 6:57 PM, Brian Termunde GCRDS@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Thanks for this tidbit Nolan!

It helps me in several ways. First, I model Raymond / South Bend, Washington State, the Oyster Capital of the world! [And who am I to argue with the local boosters? ] So now instead of just shipping oysters, I can ship oyster shells. Plus, being that I also love the NWP, now I can 'justify' having NWP box cars on my line. They're there to ship shells to Petaluma!

And I enjoyed the movie "The Egg and I" as well. In fact, the actual location where the events that Betty MacDonald (e i e i o?) related took place is not too far north of Willapa Harbor (about 2 hours). I was actually near there just before my ship headed out to the Persian Gulf, but was unaware of it. Dang!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, Utah

3a. Re: Shipping Eggs 100 Years Ago