Re: Essential Freight Cars

Alexander Schneider Jr

Almost a decade has passed since the series ended, and some of the kits recommended to realize the essential freight cars are no longer available. While many of us would like to complete our collections of a series we think highly of, Ted would need to invest many hours in an update to make a mainstream, current reference book. My impression is that he’s moved to other projects more directed at freight car history than modeling.

Many installments are actually two articles: the main article about the particular car, and a sidebar about a particular construction detail which is applicable to many cars. The latter are not spelled out in the index I saw online a few months ago, and I hope to compile it and make it available over the summer.

Alex Schneider

From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:24 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Essential Freight Cars

---In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com> , <npmoyer@... <mailto:npmoyer@...> > wrote :

I too would like to see a reprint in book form, as I was not a subscriber to RMC during most of the years the series covered, however, Ted has stated repeatedly and emphatically that the series would not be offered in book form for whatever reason. Unless he has a change of heart, we’re beating a dead horse.

Nelson Moyer

Some of us will have an opportunity to beat that dead horse on 2 & 3 June at the New England RPM Meet.
I will speak quietly with Ted about it as I am certainly one of those who feel all the articles would be more useful if presented all together in one book. There may be some copyright issues but even those could probably be addressed if Ted were to have White River Pub. actually do the printing and distribution of such a book.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.