Re: DL&W #46982, was two three domed tank cars

Donald B. Valentine

Thank you Bill & Schuyler for your help. Some additional photos of the class would be
helpful if any turn up. I'm having a hard time accepting outside wood sheathing on the
car given the treatment of the end and the steel framing exposed at the bottom. first time
I recall seeing either of these features on a double-sheathed car that had bot received
new steel sides.

Thanks again, Don Valentine

---In STMFC@..., <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote :

Hello Don,

Per the ELHS reprint of the 1952 DL&W Freight Equipment diagram book, 46982 is one of a series 46800-46999, built by M.C. Corp. Sept 1927. The doors are listed for the larger series 46500-46999 as Superior & Youngstown Steel Side doors. I agree that it appears like a rebuild of, perhaps, a USRA car, but there is no mention of a rebuilding on the diagram page, which is consistently provided for those series where that is, in fact, the case.

This diagram book is still available, I think, from the ELHS.

Schuyler