Re: BLI 6k tank cars

Fritz Milhaupt

Since the BLI 6K tank cars have hit the streets, I'm curious to hear the reaction from anybody who bought the Hooker Chemical four-pack.

I came across a set at a hobby shop yesterday. At first I thought that I'd had a stroke of luck, but pretty quickly decided against buying them. The orange looked to me like a washed-out shade of fluorescent orange. The silver lettering didn't have enough contrast to avoid getting lost in it. The whole effect was like the colors were washed out. Granted, I didn't take any out of the box to see whether that improved my impression.

I know that we discussed the colors used on these cars before, but does the paint on these cars match any of the known/documented schemes in hue, tone and intensity?

-Fritz Milhaupt