From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2017 4:56 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Kits are now for sale

I have communicated with Pierre about this off list, but I just want to amplify what Corey has said.  As far as I know, there were 600 of these cars constructed originally in 1923, and they road the rails in that configuration (10 ft wide doors) for more than a decade.  Even then, there are 180 "original" cars in my 1945 ORER (as least in terms of door width).  If there are already three door configurations available, it seems a shame not to offer the original, as depicted in the prototype photo on the YMW site.  I almost ordered the kit based on that photo, but am glad that I inquired about the details before I did.

Dave Parker

Riverside, CA

On Monday, June 5, 2017 2:05 PM, "Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Thanks Pierre!! I know a few people that would be interested!

On Jun 5, 2017, at 5:04 PM, Pierre Oliver pierre.oliver@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Let me review options with the pattern creator

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On 2017-06-05 5:03 PM, Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC] wrote:

I'd love to have some for my 1929 focus.

NOt at this time, but I hardly ever say never

On 2017-06-05 4:53 PM, Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC] wrote:

Pierre,

 Any chance of an original configuration? Us pre depression guys would love to be able to use this car.

Corey

Promise me sales of at least 50 units and I'll do whatever you like!

On 2017-06-05 3:54 PM, rule292@... [STMFC] wrote:

Pierre,

Any chance of ever doing your masters/cars in O scale?

Big shortage of wood sheathed cars in "The King of Scales"  (insert humor emoticon after that old fifties tag line).

Rob Mondichak