Pierre,

 That is amazing news! I will surely be buying this! I am so excited!

Corey

On Jun 6, 2017, at 7:30 AM, Pierre Oliver pierre.oliver@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Ask and you shall receive!

I've had a conversation with the pattern maker on this kit and we've established that we can indeed offer a "as built" variant set of parts for this kit.
A new side plug, a brace and a set of doors.
Not sure how long it will take to get this into production, but I'll try for as quick as possible.

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 2017-06-05 10:04 PM, Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC] wrote:

Here here Dave!

 I feel that the original configuration would benefit pre depression and transition era modelers alike. I would love to own this kit, it looks gorgeous!

Corey

On Jun 5, 2017, at 5:56 PM, Dave Parker spottab@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I have communicated with Pierre about this off list, but I just want to amplify what Corey has said.  As far as I know, there were 600 of these cars constructed originally in 1923, and they road the rails in that configuration (10 ft wide doors) for more than a decade.  Even then, there are 180 "original" cars in my 1945 ORER (as least in terms of door width).  If there are already three door configurations available, it seems a shame not to offer the original, as depicted in the prototype photo on the YMW site.  I almost ordered the kit based on that photo, but am glad that I inquired about the details before I did.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

On Monday, June 5, 2017 2:05 PM, "Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Thanks Pierre!! I know a few people that would be interested!

Let me review options with the pattern creator

On 2017-06-05 5:03 PM, Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC] wrote:

I'd love to have some for my 1929 focus.

NOt at this time, but I hardly ever say never
On 2017-06-05 4:53 PM, Corey Fischer hexomega2319@... [STMFC] wrote:

Pierre,

 Any chance of an original configuration? Us pre depression guys would love to be able to use this car.

Corey

Promise me sales of at least 50 units and I'll do whatever you like!
On 2017-06-05 3:54 PM, rule292@... [STMFC] wrote:

Pierre,

Any chance of ever doing your masters/cars in O scale?

Big shortage of wood sheathed cars in "The King of Scales"  (insert humor emoticon after that old fifties tag line).

Rob Mondichak