Re: Southeeastern Hopper Questions

Tim O'Connor

I know it's very close to cars of a number of roads - often a question
of the exact inside length, and height, and of course the end braces. It
would be great if Athearn would do what they did with the MDC hoppers and
replace the grabs with wire! What a time saver!

Tim O'

Second, the Athearn Rib Side Twin Hopper is very close to several thousand cars owned by the Southern, requiring the bead along the bottom sill be removed to be accurate.

I can imagine mixed in with the hoppers would be L&N, Southern, CRR, and C&O 40-foot high side gondolas. L&N owned 10,000 of them; the Southern approx, 5,000. CRR 300. Do not know C&O numbers.

Bill Welch