Re: Ratios

O Fenton Wells

Brian you da man

On Jun 13, 2017, at 1:32 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI bpehni@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Exactly, Tony. I try to be correct, but sometimes you see something and just have to have it.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: STMFC List <STMFC@...> on behalf of STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Date: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Ratios

BRIAN EHNI wrote:

It’s my railroad.

Brian cites the familiar "Rule No. 1" employed by many modelers. But as Tony Koester often says, if you hide behind Rule No. 1 all the time, you are confessing that you aren't really trying to model anything specific. That's a perfectly fine hobby, but it's not modeling real railroading. I think if you use the context right (as I believe Brian does), Rule No. 1 only says "I get to choose my prototype and era," but I would say, "beware of using Rule No. 1 for everything."

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...

Publishers of books on railroad history